Sunday, January 24, 2010

Cha-ching!!!!

Well, Jay and I went venue shopping on Saturday. HOLY COW!!!! Yes, living in Metro Detroit mean we have a TON of choices of venues. But geez....why is it the minute you say "wedding" everything triples in price? And they tell you a package price per person and then they hundred dollars ya to death! Extra hundred for this....extra hundred for that...all things you would assume would be included in a "package" price. I don't know....we are really starting to wonder how we are going to have a non-trashy wedding without spending an arm and a leg.

I would just go small, but we really can't. We have a huge family. Correction...I have a huge family. With Jay and I's immediate family, aunts, uncles, grandparents and cousins.....we're over 150 people already. Damn family :) But I don't want to cut anyone out. I love having them around. I am a huge family person. So, we will just have to figure something out.

So now we are looking for separate caterers and halls like the Knights of Columbus. We have looked into rental places for round tables and all the things that make a wedding reception feel like a wedding reception. And luckily I have my sister, Stefanie, near me to come with me and look at places and discuss design concepts with me. She is so incredibly creative. Much like my sister, Holly. Holly's wedding was in an armory which is much like a gymnasium....but you would have NEVER known it. It was one of the most elegant weddings I had ever been to. So, I am hoping to find a place that we can give our personal touch too. I am hoping I can take the wonderful ideas and such from my sisters and throw a little of us in there......and not have to be paying it off for the next ten years. WISH ME LUCK!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment