Saturday, July 4, 2009

The first of many....

Alright.....so who out there saw the movie "27 Dresses" and thought to themselves "They made a movie about me!". Chances are alot of you.... because I thought the same thing.

The phrase "Always a bridesmaid, never a bride" has rang true for me for quite a number of years. I was in my first wedding as my mother's maid of honor at 13. Like the character in the movie, I loved being there to help the bride with anything she needed. And the same has been true for the number of weddings I have been in since. Actually even ones that I haven't been in. I have watched my younger sister get married and will watch another younger sister get married soon. I have been engaged once....almost engaged another time.....but still never been through with it. And trust me...it's not the "Runaway Bride" syndrome. More like the "Runaway Groom"....lol.

Let's get down to business though. This blog isn't going to focus on the fact that I'm lonely, or the fact that I am depressed that I haven't gotten married or even the fact that I have been so close with no successes. Who wants to read that right? The truth is...I love weddings. I love everything about them and have been watching wedding shows and buying wedding magazines since I was 14. I am going to use this blog has an idea machine. I am dating a wonderful man (and have been for over a year) and if it ever comes to that (you know....getting married), I want to be armed with ideas that will make our wedding the wedding of our dreams....but at a good price. So I will be sharing lots of DIY wedding ideas and if anyone wants to comment on them, by all means. I love comments! I am seriously the world's most indecisive person in the world and always enjoy other people's opinions...even if they aren't the same as my own. So...in advance....thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment